What are AromaStick Natural Inhalers?
AromaSticks are inhalers filled with 100% organic essential oils. They contain no carrier oils and absolutely nothing artificial. What you get is the pure, concentrated power of nature. Carefully designed and blended, they can give you a boost of energy or a moment of relaxation simply by sniffing different scents through your nose.
How do I use an AromaStick?
Simply twist the cap open, hold directly under your nose and, holding one nostril closed, sniff deeply. Then repeat with the other nostril and let the scents work their magic.
How does an AromaStick work?
AromaSticks work by delivering scents, highly concentrated, directly to the nose with each sniff. Research shows that this is the most effective way of unlocking the benefits of aromas. Once inhaled, the scents very quickly produce positive effects by influencing the regions of our brains responsible for emotion, behaviour and homeostasis.
How often should I use an AromaStick?
AromaSticks can be used whenever you need a boost. You can use them as often as you like, but we recommend 6–8 times per day to get the most benefit.
Why use an AromaStick?
It’s well known that scents can influence our mood and behaviour and now you can take those benefits wherever you go. Each AromaStick has been carefully researched and developed to help with specific situations ranging from a lack of energy or focus through to the need for relaxation. Easy to use and small enough to fit into your purse or pocket, nothing is more convenient than an AromaStick at helping you cope with whatever everyday life throws at you.
Don't just take our word for it. AromaStick have been the subject of numerous published studies, which attest to their effectiveness, with several more in the pipeline.
- Schneider, R. (in press). Seasonal allergic rhinitis is effectively assuaged with an essential oil inhaler (AromaStick®): Results from a randomized, controlled, double-blind effectiveness trial. The Natural Products Journal.
- Schneider, R. (2017). A breath of fresh air: Arterial blood oxygen saturation is increased upon the use of an essential oil inhaler (AromaStick®). Results from a prospective, controlled, experimental study involving healthy individuals. Current Respiratory Medicine Reviews, 13, 213-220.
- Singer, N. & Schneider, R. (2017). Investigating the use of a specially formulated odour inhaler (AromaStick®) on weight loss: Overview of the results of a two-armed, randomised, controlled effectiveness study. International Journal of Clinical Aromatherapy, 12, 16-24.
- Schneider, R. (2017). From pain to pleasure: A newly developed essential oil inhaler (AromaStick®) alters pain dynamics and increases well-being. Results from two randomized, controlled documentation studies. Current Psychopharmacology, 6, 136-147.
- Singer, N. & Schneider, R. (2017). Practically relevant stress relieving effects of olfactory stimuli delivered by a specially formulated odour inhaler (AromaStick®): Overview of an initial series of studies testing different boundary conditions. International Journal of Clinical Aromatherapy, 11, 48-58.
- Schneider, R. (2016). Direct application of specially formulated scent compositions (AromaStick®) prolongs attention and enhances visual scanning speed. Applied Cognitive Psychology, 30, 650-654.
- Schneider, R. (2016). There is something in the air: Testing the efficacy of a new olfactory stress relief method (AromaStick®). Stress & Health, 32, 411-426.
How long does an AromaStick last?
AromaSticks last up to six months after opening. But do make sure to screw the cap on tightly after use so the scent can’t escape. Storing them in a cool place also helps them last longer too.
Are there any side effects?
AromaSticks have been designed so that their oils cannot leak out but, if they do come into contact with the skin, they can cause an allergic reaction in some people. It’s also possible for essential oils to cause sensitivity to the mucous membrane of the nose in some cases. If you observe any side effects, stop using AromaStick immediately.
Can anyone use an AromaStick?
AromaSticks have been designed with adults in mind so they are not recommended for use by children under the age of six. It’s also best to avoid AromaSticks if you have a known sensitivity to any of the oils used. If you’re pregnant or prone to seizures, you should also err on the side of caution and seek advice from your doctor before you use one. Despite all the positive benefits an AromaStick can bring, please do not use one as a substitute for any medication.
We’ve designed the AromaStick to be used throughout the day to get you over life’s little humps or to give you a boost whenever you need it. We hope you enjoy your AromaStick and that it makes everyday a little bit easier.
Are AromaStick natural inhalers certified organic?
Yes. AromaStick inhalers are certified to Bio-Suisse Standard by Bio.Inspecta, Switzerland, with the following Organic Cerification: Basisanforderung Bio.Inspecta: Certificate No. BVH-31635. This certification states that 100% of the ingredients used in the AromaStick Natural Inhalers are organic.